May 26, 2014

The Ruins


I've been on blogging hiatus for quite a few days and my backlog posts are heeding for their dilly-dallying, lollygagging majesty. Can you blame me for dawdling, when I've been just on break from my summer classes few days ago? Someone asked me what plans do I have listed for this two-week vacay, and I indiscreetly said "Read novels and watch tv series." without qualms. I'm geeky and lazy by design, baby I was born this way. Lol! This may sound a far cry from one's ideal summer, so sue this low-life being for rejoicing about her shallow indulgences.


No more waking up at an ungodly hour. No more hundred plaintive glances at the clock. No more extensive efforts to make myself look interested in seemingly interminable lectures. Goodbye, Struggle City! Though I don't relish the thought that this is just a two-week freedom, no need for a pity party 'cause my best summer story to date was written this year. If you've been keeping track of my tumblr and twitter account, I'm pretty sure the shabby poems I've been constructing drop some hints. 

Enough talk. How's your summer so far?



Photos by: Ryan Fontamillas

@poladr

Copyright © Pola dela Rosa
Design by Blog Oh! Blog